Just like we all pretty much have smartphones these days, pretty soon everyone with have a smart home – it’s simply the wave of the future. When you automate your home, you simplify all the functions within your home by putting all the controls on your mobile device. You can regulate the temperature of your thermostat, the volume of your television, even the brightness of your lighting, all from your tablet or smartphone. Not sure how this is possible? If this is all a foreign concept to you, here is how to turn your house into a smart home.
- Have your HVAC system automated. Want your house to be warm in the winter before you get home, and cool in the summer without having to leave the air conditioner on all day. Now you can automate your HVAC system so that you can easily control it from your phone or mobile device before you jump in the car. You can save a ton of money, and program your thermostat to reach your preferred temperature just minutes before you walk in the door.
- Have your security system automated. These days with Piper automation, you can automate your security system by turning your alarm on and off from your smartphone. If you have any security cameras, you can get a live feed of the footage they’re recording on your mobile device so that you can keep an eye on your house from wherever you are. If your alarm is set off, you’ll be alerted on your phone, and you can see what’s happening in the house right away.
- Have your lighting automated. Did you forget to leave the lights on again? If so, there’s no need to worry, because you can turn them off remotely from your mobile device. When you automate your lighting, you can turn any light in the house on or off. Plus, if you have dimmers, you can control every aspect of your lighting to set the perfect mood for any occasion. Talk about smooth!
- Have your sprinklers automated. Automated sprinklers are unbelievably smart and convenient. You can have your sprinkler system adjust itself to the ever changing weather patterns by connecting it to the world wide web. Your sprinklers will be in tune with the weather reports as they change and decide whether or not they need to turn on. They’ll even know how long to be on, and what time they should ideally be running.
- Have your entertainment system automated. An automated entertainment system is one of the coolest parts of having a smart home. You can control everything, like the volume of your music, the type of music you want to hear, the channels you want to watch, the balance of your surround sound, and so much more – all from your mobile device. No longer do you have to get up and fiddle with a bunch of different remote controls. You can take care of every little aspect of your entertainment system so that it’s all exactly as you prefer – without leaving your seat.