Having a fireplace can be a coveted luxury. If you have a fireplace, you are in luck. It doesn’t matter what region you live in, a fireplace can offer a romantic atmosphere that is perfect for fine dining or for cozying up with your loved ones after a long day. If you live in a region where it snows, there is nothing like warming your hands by the fire after trudging through the snow. If you live in a region where is gets warm during the day and cold at night, it can be nice to have a fire to keep the temperatures even. When it comes to fireplace decorating
- The bare look – a lot of people are removing the stone altogether and are going for a bare look that is minimal and chic. Of course, you have to be brave to go this route, but it can look great, especially if the room is full of big cozy furniture. Over time, your wall above the first place will start to become smudged with smoke, which will add to the look.
- The boulder look – another look that is popular is the inclusion of roughhewn boulders that are placed haphazardly in mason’s cement. If you want to go for a more roughhewn look, you may want to find large boulders that can be added to mason cement. In the old days, this is how a lot of fireplaces were designed.
- The faux stone look – when it comes down to it, real stone can be expensive and it can be hard to clean. If you want a clean, affordable option, you may want to buy faux stone and decorate your fireplace. When it comes down to it, faux stone is also incredibly easy to clean and maintain, which makes it a great option for those people that may not have all the time in the world to make sure their fireplace is spotless.
- The glass and clean lines look – if you have a modern home, clean lines and glass will definitely look the best. When it comes down to it, a clean modern look can also look good in a traditional home, but you want to make sure that it matches some of the materials used in your home. You don’t want something that clashes too much. If you have a newer home, with a lot of glass and hard edges, the clean fireplace look will match perfectly.
- The layered slate brick look – if you have a traditional home, layered slate brick will definitely look the best. On top of everything, you may want to go for the layered slate brick look. Indeed, you have probably seen this look before – it usually involves placing very thin slate bricks on top of each other so that they look slightly uneven. Indeed, this is a great look for a traditional home, especially homes with Tuscan influences.