Refinishing your bathtub is important to do every five years or so. Over time, your bathtub can start to show signs of wear and tear. Moreover, your tiles can start to have a build up of grime that can be hard to remove. Ideally, you want to replace certain items that look like they can’t be cleaned. Moreover, you want to update hardware. Not only can hardware look old and rusty – it can also start to look outdated and out of fashion. In order to refinish your bathtub like the pros, you want to be sure that you have a number of tips and tricks. Here are five helpful tips for refinishing your bathtub.
- Replace tiles if they are grungy and moldy. If you have old and grungy tiles, you want to be sure to replace them. These tiles can often be too hard to clean and they may be beyond repair. When it comes down to it, applying new tile is easy with a short tutorial and enough patience.
- Change out the tub if it looks outdated. If you have an old fashioned or outdated bathtub, you want to purchase a new one. Old tubs not only look old and grungy, they may also have germs and bacteria growing on them. Installing a brand new bathtub will completely transform your bathroom and it will transform the way that you take baths. There is nothing like slipping into a brand new bathtub after a long, hard day of work. In most cases, you want to find a bathtub that is nearly the same size as your previous tub, because it will be easier to install.
- Hire the pros to help you with the big job. If you aren’t sure what you are doing, you may want to hire the pros, like Finish Pro Bathtub Refinishing. Having a professional team on board will ensure that your bathtub refinishing job goes off without a hitch. If you need any demolition done, a professional team will be able to assist. Demolition may look easy and fun, but it is hard work and you have to make sure that you don’t hit any nerves, like gas mains or electrical mains.
- Install new hardware every few years. If your hardware is looking old and rusty, you probably want to install new hardware. For instance, faucets and knobs, over time, can look quite outdated. This is why you may want to swap out your old hardware for new equipment, every few years or so. This will ensure that your bathroom looks updated and fresh.
- Make sure you have all the necessarily tools to get the job done. On top of everything, you want to be sure that you have all the tools and materials needed to complete the bathtub refinishing job. For instance, you will need grout, sealant, putty knives, and cleaning supplies to make sure that you can complete the job efficiently. In the end, you don’t want to keep running out to purchase new supplies – you should be able to get the job done in a single weekend.