Have you been looking for some ways to upgrade your kitchen? The truth of the matter is that it is important to update your kitchen ever ten years or so. After this time, your kitchen’s appliances will start to look old and outdated. Moreover, your kitchen’s accents may also look outmoded. When it comes to the value of your home, these updates are essential. If you are planning on reselling your home, it is important to have a beautiful updated kitchen with new appliances and a brand new look. If you are on a budget, you can still transform your kitchen without sacrificing aesthetics or quality. Here are five classy kitchen updates on a budget.
- Stainless steel. One of the best ways to transform a dull, old kitchen is to add stainless steel appliances. If you have old fashioned appliances from last decade, there is a good chance that your kitchen looks like it’s from a different decade. These days, you can easily purchase steel appliances and get away with not spending that much money – stainless steel isn’t an expensive material.
- Cement countertops. Cement is another affordable material that won’t set you back. However, cement is quickly becoming fashionable – mostly for its rugged, industrial look. The best part about cement is that it is easy to mold – unlike some other materials, like marble or stone. With cement, you can shape it into pretty much any size and dimension. You can also put different dyes into the cement to change the color. For instance, a dark, coal toned cement counter top looks nice in some modern homes. A light colored cement countertop looks nice in a more traditional home.
- Glass tile back splash. Another way to update your kitchen is add glass tile to your kitchen back splash. A company like Kitchen & Bath Factory can be hired to do the work and it won’t set you too far back. Glass tile is affordable and it can instantly make your kitchen look more modern and luxurious. People visiting your home will wonder what your secret is.
- A pull down flat screen. If you like watching the game, or your favorite cooking show, while you prepare meals, you may want to install a small flat screen television. When it comes down to it, you can actually purchase a very small flat screen TV for only a few hundred dollars. You can then rig a hinge so that the screen can drop down when you want to watch and fold away when you are done watching.
- Re-stain your cabinets. On top of everything, you may not need to completely replace your cabinets – this can be quite expensive and messy. You may only need to sand down your cabinets and then re-stain them. Indeed, many people make the mistake of taking apart their cabinets when they don’t have to. In the end, you can get away with a lot by simply staining your cabinets.